Names with bad meanings

Ok so, I am a sucker for baby names. I love them. I know here in the next year Sky and I are looking into gender selection through IVF for a daughter. This has me thinking. I love the name Mallory, I just love itttt!!! Considering that its meaning is "unlucky" Had me searching for other names with equally bad meanings. 

Adolf:Self explainitory
Audrey:closely assosiated with the word tawdry
Aubrey: Elf- Kingdom
Baya: Ugly looking
Bertha:has come to be assosiated with "Big Bertha"
Calvin: Little bald one
Cameron: Crooked nose
Campbell: Crooked mouth
Cassandra: Entangler of men
Claud(e): Crippled
Damien: The bad one or Unborn (Used alot as the bad guy in movies)
Deidre: Brokenhearted
Desdemona: Ill fated
Electra:has come to be assosiated with Freud's Electra comlex
Emily: Rival
Emlyn: Rival
Evelyn: Bird like woman
Gladys: Lame
Jezebel: Domination
Job: Persecuted
Jocasta: Woe sdorned
Kennedy: Ugly head
Leah: Weary
Lilith: Of the night (Believed to be Satans wife)
Madison: Ugly
Mara: Bitter
Mary: Bitter
Melanie: Dark or Dressed in black
Melville: Bad town
Patsy: Homosexual in australia
Persephone: Bearer of death
Portia: Pig
Sorrel: Sour
Tristram: Sad
Uranus:simply because of how some people pronounce it!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment